Monday, August 3, 2009

Don't Worry Be Happy-

Some of my favorite old tunes seem to come to mind when I sit down to write in the blog.
I guess I remember how important a role music played in my youth. Now my teenager has an IPod touch- Oh how much time this saves. My sister and I used to get the blank tapes and sit by our boom box and wait for the tunes we wanted to copy. Many of our tapes missed the first few words of songs. Music- the voice of youth.

At our house I decided to have the home phone service disconnected- last week. We all have cells, and NEVER use the home phone.

So Sunday night - like 2AM my daughters phone rings- then I hear her talking, then again , and again- I am awake and not happy- she could at least text quietly.
So I get up- to find out what is so critical, and she shows me the cell- it is ringing- and she did not dial, it is calling from her phone book. We can't seem to stop it, she apologizes to the sleepy friend, then hangs up, it buzzes then does it again and calls the next person down the list. CRAZY. We turn it off, IT CONTINUES TO CALL PEOPLE.
So I get smart and take out the battery. Finally, back to sleep.
She does not want to turn the phone back on this morning, so I need to get this checked out. She does not want to be home alone with no way to call anyone.
I go down the street to the ATT store. They are fascinated- and have no answers, I turn the phone on- it begins the same creepy calling. Of course since the greeter can't help I get put on the list. I go ahead and check to see if I can upgrade/ renew. I can. I then check out the phone choices. The cheapest is 39.99 after your $50.00(mail in) rebate. Why is it free at Walmart and at Best Buy? (No I do not make money from this) So I waited 30 minutes, no body has been helped - list same length.
I ask one of the greeters- not waiting on customers, why it is cheaper on the net, and can they match the deal. He tells me I must wait. I leave. My daughter keeps my phone while I go see a client, then I head to Best Buy. Guess what- play with a few phones; I am looking for the free phone ok, not the I Phone. I get helped, I get the phone ( LG VU). An employee explains the old phone issue, and puts my daughter's old one in recycle bin. I paid nothing, nothing, and was out in less than 20 minutes. Same service plan- renewed. I splurge and get one of those skins- ten bucks.
She loves the phone- and is texting with it right now. She is a happy camper.

So why can't I get the same deal at the ATT store? I still wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me smile, love your story! visit me at http://ot4specialtots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete