Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Edible Brain Project for School

Well- the latest project- a 3D brain- with details of 17 parts- preferably edible!!!! That's right folks- edible brain.

SO I am taking on the challenge. Cassie will be responsible for the exterior decor(i.e. labeling and coloring parts).

Cookies- well they flatten; so we thought about fondant- but that would taste terrible- cake seems the best choice- unless I go with a giant peanut butter ball.
High school honors classes- this is just over the top. She has so much homework already(2-5 hours nightly).

I now think I would like to make my moms cake ball recipe- yum- crumbled cake with icing - normally in small balls- We made a practice version with half a cake and icing- it turned out great. So now Cassie feels that it will need to be 1 1/2 cakes and 2 cans of icing- it is tasty- and that should make up for all sorts of inartistic brain parts.
We can mold it- freeze it and icing the outside with bumps; and icing needs to be grey don't you think? Then Cassie can use various sprinkles and coloring along with flags to identify the sections.

We could maybe use a football mold and make a cake- it looks like it may be too small though. hmm..

The project is due on Monday. This weekend is homecoming- of course(at least we have the dress).

I sure will be glad when I get my high school degree- and of course MY master's.

No comments:

Post a Comment