Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sometimer's disease

In my quest to provide better services for my clients I have returned to college- I am working on my Masters in Counseling. I have completed most of the program on line. I have a few classes that require I must actually show up in the classroom and interact with at least moderately intelligent peers.
Summer seemed like the perfect time to take an on campus course- My workload is flexible- my daughter sleeps till noon.
I forgot one important issue- summer classes are only 8 weeks long. This means that I have twice as much work to do in each class. My Brain is tired. Very tired. I can't remember the names of my favorite childhood books any more, my friends laugh because I can't remember what I fixed for supper last night. I am focused on school and work. All the rest of life events are just fluff; entering one ear or eye and leaving quite shortly thereafter.

I have Sometimers disease- Sometimes I remember- sometimes I don't.

I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on campus 8AM -6PM. My daughter is off at grandma's for the week( I was getting cranky). The process culminated with a videotaped session of counseling a peer. We then received feedback from our professors.
I saw myself on tape- and did not care about anything but my disheveled appearance. It had rained- so my curls were frizzed, the shirt was unflattering- Why did I buy that? I look overweight. Not good.
My professor did tell me that I did well- and stayed on task with the client. That is nice- but my appearance overshadowed the session.
So this evening I start my diet.
I have referrals to call appointments to arrange, and now some health habits to change.

Wish me luck on this adventure of weight management.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your studies and road to healthy habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs,..single Mom
    ...
    why all women in whole of the world,..lways not be confident with their performance,..related with their wight..he..he
    ...
    but from so far away,...java, indonesian,..and from my remote n small village,...Mrs.Michelle Obama look not so slimmy,..he..he but look so beautiful..he..he..
    ...
    a beauty not just a deep skin, Mom..he.he

    ReplyDelete