Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The car accident

My car accident occurred Sunday afternoon. I felt that I needed new jeans. I heard about a sale at Old Navy- My old clothes are getting to tight around the middle- I am developing the "mom shape" - ugh...
I am first in line at the red light. Talking on the phone with my oldest daughter. I get rear ended- never even saw it coming. I gasp loudly(instinct). Lauren is on the phone yelling what happened( I dropped the phone). I yelled on impact I think. It felt like I got hit really hard, but obviously that was not the case, my air bag did not deploy. I get out of my car at a major intersection( and within view of Old Navy); yep my rear has definitely been hit. The female is crying. Now I have a headache- not sure if it is because of the accident or my irritation level. I tell her that we need to pull into the shopping center. I call the police. She looks at it and says - maybe it can be painted; I explain that it looks pretty dented in.- I remember I should call my daughter and my boyfriend. 7 missed calls in 5 minutes. My daughter had already called the other daughter. My headache grows. I may have high blood pressure by now. The female keeps crying, then calls her work, tells me her life story- normally I listen to these-I am SO not in the mood to hear it. I say uh huh- uh huh.
She gets a ticket, I get her insurance info, she does tell the officer she was not focused, and thought I was already making a right turn. I did not even see her until the Kaboom- but definitely I was not making a right turn with traffic streaming continuously.
So yesterday I am sore on my left side, not bad but I felt it. Today- much better. THE Girl calls me- twice. She wants me to get estimate and do this without insurance involvement. I will get the estimate- but she better report it- cause we have.
Tonight is school open house- my rear light is not working so I will ride with someone else. Hopefully police report will be ready tomorrow. This car will be Cassie's next year- so I would like to take care of it.

My ifnal word- File insurance- protect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment