Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Teachers- They are human

I continue to have full days- with plenty to write about- I guess with a teenager- there is constant chaos.

Cassie is one of those driven students. good grades, mind set on college-She is clearing a path. I am a perfectionist- my sister and parents were, so Of course I passed this on.
Last week she was sick and missed a school day, she was feeling anxiety over the homework load she would be obtaining upon her return.

Her teacher did not accept her homework assignment, why? I do not know. I know that she could not eat she was so upset. Her grade dropped from A to D in one swift move. Cassie was afraid to question her teacher, not sure why; she always questions me without hesitation...

So I called and left a message, no reply, I emailed, no reply. I called again this afternoon- Voicemail.

I would like to resolve this issue soon. I decided I will call the principal tomorrow morning. This is an advance placement class, and Cassie had her assignment ready to turn in, I wonder if the teacher failed to take roll last Thursday, and thought she turned it in late? I would know if she called me back.
Maybe this teacher fears parents. Not sure, is she absent today?
I feel that three days should be plenty of time; am I wrong here?
I have many to be continued's going on. Add this to the list, oh yeah- I did get full dressed today before taking her to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment