Monday, September 14, 2009

The Interstate-

I have so much today that I could write about.

So I will start with my morning adventure.

Cassie and I leave on time to get her across town to the high school.

I do not have any appointments til eleven today. So- I do not get ready, I look forward to a nice leisure shower on my return.

We hit a snag. A wreck- this blocks the entire I-630, of course. I am maybe ten cars back, the police and fire men are behind me. I am past the nearest exit ramp, and half a mile from the next one. I and many many others. Great. Cassie decides to study while we wait. Then it hits her- "MOTHER- LOOK AT YOURSELF". Then I realize- I have not even combed my hair. It is 8:30, still we sit, they have cleared the far lane, so slowly we get over and move- tardy bell is at 8:45. Cassie and I are both quite fearful of the idea that I will have to check her in to school.
I did at least put on a bra. I am wearing and old shirt- greens and yellows, pajama capris- they are huge( oh but they are comfy); and I am wearing flips flops, in red.
Cassie is needless to say giving me a lecture on getting ready in the morning. I guess I can't really blame her, I look bad. I know I am not the only mom in PJ's stuck there; as we look back at miles of traffic.
I call the school, and explain the situation, I think I was not the first call.
I finally get through the traffic, and she arrives a few minutes before nine, I have been given a reprieve by the office.

Whew- I will not do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment