Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fame- the movie- Original Movie

So my 15 year old and I are driving down the Interstate when a commercial comes on for a NEW movie- Fame- without hearing the music I start singing-
My daughter asks "How do you know this song"- Cassie tells me she never heard it on any commercial.
So I explain the original Fame, the weekly show, all that.
She reminds me that I am old- gee thanks- I did predict that if the remake movie is a success leg warmers will be back in a big way. She rolled her eyes.

I write about this because I now see the impact music and lyrics had on my teenage years. I can't find my car keys at least once a week, but I remember every word to Footloose theme song, and Little red corvette. The lyrics that our kids hear does have an impact on their minds and souls. My oldest loves country music, especially blue grass- not common for young adults. My youngest really likes rock- so I have turned to alternative christian music channels, she is happy- because she likes the sound- and I like the meaning. I do believe that what goes in will come out- this is especially true of teenage minds.

Confirmation Code: GNMNFBD3373102-

Next topic- ACT prep classes- are they necessary?

1 comment:

  1. yess,..music ll ensmooth their soul,..and ensharpen their logic..!!
    cos musin and logic,..in same room..!!..he..he
    einstein, mozzart is the brighted logical and a good music taste ,too..

    ReplyDelete